SCO Unix, Xenix and ODT General FAQ
This article is from a FAQ concerning SCO operating systems. While some of the information may be applicable to any OS, or any Unix or Linux OS, it may be specific to SCO Xenix, Open There is lots of Linux, Mac OS X and general Unix info elsewhere on this site: Search this site is the best way to find anything.
For SCO and Linux, Hylafax http://www.hylafax.org/ is a good choice. Binaries for SCO OSR5 are available: http://www.sco.com/skunkware/osr5/www/hylafax/, though these are very incomplete and will require a fair amount of effort to get working: see /Reviews/hylafax.html.
The rest of this section is probably out of date. I know VSI-fax is still available, and Faximum, but Arnet is definitely gone and I'm sure a lot of the others are also (09/13/2000).
There are numerous vendors in the Unix fax software market. Many of these make software that runs on Xenix as well as on Unix. Listed below, in no particular order, are company names, product names, and contact information for most of them. As always, I hope this is a reasonably complete list; inclusion or exclusion is not to be construed as a comment on the product or company. Also, there is a fax FAQ posted in comp.dcom.fax (from which this list is derived - note that it is out of date); you may wish to look there. Also, the standard "look through magazines" applies. Fax products are often advertised, and sometimes reviewed. The September 1995 edition of SCO World Magazine reviewed some fax products, for example.
- Arnet - ArnetFAX; (615) 834-8000, email@example.com
- Black and White Software - NXFax; (802) 496-8500, firstname.lastname@example.org
- comFax - Com-M-Tex; +49 89 546130-0
- COS - TruFax; (609) 771-6705, email@example.com
- Faximum Software - Faximum ELS, Faximum PLUS; (604) 925-3600, info@Faximum.com
- ICSW - [product name unknown]; (800) 486-7274, (602) 998-8623
- i link GmbH - mix fax; +49 30 216 20 48
- Intuitive Technology - FaxLink; (409) 762-8456
- netCS GmbH - netFAX; +49 30 787999-0
- QUEST systems GmbH - FaxX; +49 231 914028-0, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Signify Software Products - i(F)x Faxsoftware for UNIX; +31-(0)3480-30131, email@example.com
- smoFax - SMO GmbH; +49 721 551971
- UniSal System - FaxTrax; (201) 729-9221
- V Systems - VSI-Fax; (714) 489-8778, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.vsi.com/
- Company Unknown - FaxFX; (708) 574-3600
- Company Unknown - FAXSMART
- Company Unknown - Fax*Starx; (800) 327 9859
You might also want to look at a couple of publicly-available programs. Check out Hylafax at http://www.hylafax.org/ and ftp://ftp.hylafax.org/. ftp://sgi.com/sgi/fax/. You can find more information on mgetty+sendfax at http://wais.leo.org/~doering/mgetty/mgetty_1.html.
SFax by Sicomm (http://www.sicomm.fr)
Please notice that, despite the French web site, their products get localized in several languages, including English and Italian.
Got something to add? Send me email.
(OLDER) <- More Stuff -> (NEWER) (NEWEST)
Printer Friendly Version
Increase ad revenue 50-250% with Ezoic