SCO Unix, Xenix and ODT General FAQ
This article is from a FAQ concerning SCO operating systems. While some of the information may be applicable to any OS, or any Unix or Linux OS, it may be specific to SCO Xenix, Open There is lots of Linux, Mac OS X and general Unix info elsewhere on this site: Search this site is the best way to find anything.
This is an ancient post with no relevance to modern systems.
You'll need to check out everything about your system - your hardware (including the BIOS and the motherboard's real-time clock), your operating system, any add-on utilities you may have, and your applications. A brief summary of information gathered from SCO follows; for more detail, and possibly more up-to-date information, please visit SCO's site. Please note that the information below is not guaranteed to be accurate. For official Year 2000 information relating to SCO products, contact SCO.
- UnixWare 7 requires the application of the 7.0.1 release supplement.
- UnixWare 2.1 requires the application of PTF3015.
- UnixWare 2.03 requires the application of PTF2243.
- OpenServer 5.0.2 and 5.0.4 require the application of patch oss601a.
- OpenServer 5.0.0 is not compliant but there is an unsupported patch, oss603a, available from SCO.
- SCO Unix 3.2v4.x require the application of SLS uod426d. 3.2v4.2, with this patch, qualifies for SCO's Date Processing Limited Warranty; earlier releases of 4.x will take this patch but are not covered by the warranty.
- SCO Unix releases 3.2v2.0 and 3.2.0 are not officially listed; however, the documentation for uod426d states that while this supplement has not been extensively tested on these releases, it "should still work as expected" on them. Obviously, there is no warranty on this.
- SCO Open Server 3.0 and OpenDesktop 3.0 require the application of SLS uod426d, and are covered by the Date Processing Limited Warranty. Earlier Open Server and OpenDesktop releases are in the same category as the Unix releases on which they are based - uod426d is available and should work, but it has not been extensively tested on them and this combination carries no warranty of any kind.
- Xenix 2.3.2 through 2.3.4 require the application of SLS xnx427d.
- There are no patches for Xenix versions prior to 2.3.2.
Got something to add? Send me email.
(OLDER) <- More Stuff -> (NEWER) (NEWEST)
Printer Friendly Version
Increase ad revenue 50-250% with Ezoic