comp.unix.sco Technical FAQ 5/9
Questions and Answers about Serial Communications and UUCP
The best way to find something is to use the Search at this site. Every FAQ article is extensively indexed, so that really is the best way to find anything. Try it before you get eyestrain reading through the index. The searches also index other material NOT in the FAQ, which is yet another reason to use them.
MUCH OF THE MATERIAL AT THIS SITE IS RELATED TO SCO OSR5. OSR5 is Unix, so SOME of what you'll find here is useful if you are running Unixware, Solaris, Linux or whatever, but if your specific OS is not specifically mentioned, take whatever you read as being POSSIBLY WRONG FOR YOU.
- My serial connections are losing characters
- What do the terms UART, 8250, 16450 and 16550 mean?
- How do I adjust my 16550's trigger level?
- I can transfer small files via UUCP but large ones won't go
- How do I get better UUCP throughput?
- How do I change uucico's window size?
- I increased my window size but nothing changed
- I increased my window size and UUCP broke!
- UUCP frequently has to resend packets
- How do I change uucico's packet timeout?
- What special considerations are there regarding my Telebit modem?
- What are all the V.something codes, MNP, HST, etc.?
- How do I maximize serial throughput?
- My data-compressing modem doesn't work much faster than my old modem
- A BSD-based machine can't connect to mine via UUCP
- Where can I get more information on UUCP protocols?
- I edited my gettydefs and things broke
- I can't get shared dial-in and dial-out working
- What are some common settings for my modem?
- Will a Winmodem work?
- Why can't I get my dialin modem to work above 9600 baud?
- I've set the modem for 38400 in inittab, but stty shows it at some other speed
Got something to add? Send me email.
(OLDER) <- More Stuff -> (NEWER) (NEWEST)
Printer Friendly Version
Increase ad revenue 50-250% with Ezoic