comp.unix.sco Technical FAQ 8/9Questions and Answers about X and the GUI (Graphical User Interface)
MUCH OF THE MATERIAL AT THIS SITE IS RELATED TO SCO OSR5. OSR5 is Unix, so SOME of what you'll find here is useful if you are running Unixware, Solaris, Linux or whatever, but if your specific OS is not specifically mentioned, take whatever you read as being POSSIBLY WRONG FOR YOU.
The best way to find something is to use the Search Tools (http://aplawrence.com/search.html) at this site. Every FAQ article is extensively indexed, so that really is the best way to find anything. Try it before you get eyestrain reading through the index. The searches also index other material NOT in the FAQ, which is yet another reason to use them.
- My X screen is completely unreadable and I cannot exit or switch to another virtual console screen.
- I can't finish my SCO install because the GUI doesn't work
- I can't use the GUI because the mouse doesn't work!
- I'm stuck in the GUI!
- What graphics driver do I use for my video card?
- I can login with Scologin, but the GUI doesn't work after that
- Netscape doesn't work, parts of it are off the screen, I can't use it.
- I can't tell when Netscape is starting up!
- Why is Netscape so old?
- How do I prevent the Scologin screen from starting at boot ?
- What is the pmwm (panner) Window manager?
- I can't login in with Scologin; my shell is bash or tcsh
- How can I make Scologin start on something other that tty02?
Got something to add? Send me email.
(OLDER) <- More Stuff -> (NEWER) (NEWEST)
Printer Friendly Version
Increase ad revenue 50-250% with Ezoic