comp.unix.sco Technical FAQ 9/9
Questions and Answers about Installation
MUCH OF THE MATERIAL IN THE SCOFAQ SECTION IS ONLY APPLICABLE TO SCO 3.2V4 and OSR5. Those OSes are Unix, so SOME of what you'll find here is useful if you are running Unixware, Solaris, Linux or whatever, but if your specific OS is not specifically mentioned, take whatever you read as being POSSIBLY WRONG FOR YOU.
The best way to find something is to use the Search Tools (http://aplawrence.com/search.html) at this site. Every FAQ article is extensively indexed, so that really is the best way to find anything. Try it before you get eyestrain reading through the index. The searches also index other material NOT in the FAQ, which is yet another reason to use them.
- Does SCO support my hardware?
- Can I perform an in-place upgrade?
- Can I have both IDE and SCSI Drives?
- How do I crash out of the install script?
- How much swap space do I need?
- I can't finish my SCO install because the GUI doesn't work
- What does "interupt is private" mean ?
- My >2GB ATA hard drive doesn't work with OSR5
- How can I recreate my install floppy?
- What is the procedure for performing replicated OS5 installs ?
- How can I access the documentation on the install CD if I don't yet have a SCO system installed?
- Why does the installation bomb out with a "Signal 8" error ?
- Do modern versions of SCO support IDE UDMA controllers?
- My AHA154x/174x isn't being detected
- How do I upgrade from an n-user licence?
- How do I configure an EIDE drive to work on 3.2v4.x?
- How do I find out the names of BTLDs on a BTLD diskette?
- How can I boot multiple operating systems?
- How do I install a BTLD on a running system?
- What SCSI adaptors are supported?
- How can I install a new disk controller that requires a different driver?
- What are the symptoms of a drive geometry problem?
- How do I repair a drive geometry problem?
- How do I learn the drive geometry of an old drive?
- When applying multiple SLS's, is it necessary to reboot between each patch application or could one apply all patches at once and then reboot?
- Why do I get "vhand spinning" ?
Got something to add? Send me email.
(OLDER) <- More Stuff -> (NEWER) (NEWEST)
Printer Friendly Version
Increase ad revenue 50-250% with Ezoic
Inexpensive and informative Apple related e-books:
Take Control of the Mac Command Line with Terminal, Second Edition
Photos: A Take Control Crash Course
Take Control of Apple Mail, Third Edition
Take Control of Security for Mac Users
El Capitan: A Take Control Crash Course