SCO Unix, Xenix and ODT General FAQ
This article is from a FAQ concerning SCO operating
systems. While some of the information may be applicable to any OS,
or any Unix or Linux OS, it may be specific to SCO Xenix, Open
There is lots of Linux, Mac OS X and general Unix info elsewhere on
this site: Search this site is the best
way to find anything.
This is an ancient post with no relevance to modern systems.
You'll need to check out everything about your system -
your hardware (including the BIOS and the motherboard's real-time
clock), your operating system, any add-on utilities you may have,
and your applications. A brief summary of information gathered from
SCO follows; for more detail, and possibly more up-to-date
information, please visit SCO's site. Please note that the
information below is not guaranteed to be accurate. For official
Year 2000 information relating to SCO products, contact
- UnixWare 7 requires the application of the 7.0.1 release
- UnixWare 2.1 requires the application of PTF3015.
- UnixWare 2.03 requires the application of PTF2243.
- OpenServer 5.0.2 and 5.0.4 require the application of patch
- OpenServer 5.0.0 is not compliant but there is an
unsupported patch, oss603a, available from SCO.
- SCO Unix 3.2v4.x require the application of SLS uod426d. 3.2v4.2,
with this patch, qualifies for SCO's Date Processing
Limited Warranty; earlier releases of 4.x will take this patch
but are not covered by the warranty.
- SCO Unix releases 3.2v2.0 and 3.2.0 are not officially listed;
however, the documentation for uod426d states that
while this supplement has not been extensively tested on these
releases, it "should still work as expected" on them. Obviously,
there is no warranty on this.
- SCO Open Server 3.0 and OpenDesktop 3.0 require the application
of SLS uod426d, and are
covered by the Date Processing Limited Warranty. Earlier Open
Server and OpenDesktop releases are in the same category as the
Unix releases on which they are based - uod426d is available and
should work, but it has not been extensively tested on them and
this combination carries no warranty of any kind.
- Xenix 2.3.2 through 2.3.4 require the application of SLS
- There are no patches for Xenix versions prior to 2.3.2.
Got something to add? Send me email.